- From time to time, it may be necessary for the Client to supply Yuanta Securities (Hong Kong) Company Limited ("YSHK") with personal data (“data”) in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of credit facilities or provision of securities, futures, commodities, mutual funds/unit trusts, bonds, derivatives, insurances, mandatory provident fund schemes, asset management, capital investment entrant scheme, securities nominee and/or other financial products related services or facilities. The data is collected pursuant to applicable laws, regulations, rules and codes binding on YSHK.
- Failure to supply such data may result in YSHK being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue credit facilities or provide the services and products mentioned in clause 1 above to you.
- It is also the case that data may be collected from Clients in the ordinary course of the continuation of the business relationship.
- YSHK will not collect any personal data that identifies an user to this website from cookies (which are small pieces of information stored on a person’s computer containing information that can be retrieved by this website) or other sources, unless specified otherwise.
- The purposes for which the data relating to the Client may be used are as follows:
a) the daily operation of the services provided to the Client; b) conducting credit checks; c) assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks; d) ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of the Client; e) designing financial services or related products for the Client’s use; f) marketing financial services or related products (please see further details in clause 7 below) ; g) determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by the Client; h) collection of amounts outstanding from the Client and amounts as security for the Client’s obligations; i) meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulations, rules, codes binding on YSHK; and j) purposes ancillary or relating to any of the above.
- Data held by YSHK relating to the Client will be kept confidential but YSHK may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph 5 above:-
a) any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, legal, accounting, payment or securities clearing or other services to YSHK or any member of the controlling group of YSHK including, its subsidiaries, its controlling company and the subsidiaries and associated companies of such controlling company (“Yuanta Group”) in connection with the operation of its business; b) any other person under a duty of confidentiality to YSHK; c) any financial institution with which the Client has or proposes to have dealings; d) any actual or proposed assignee of YSHK or participant or sub-participant or transferee of YSHK's rights in respect of the Client; e) any person to whom YSHK is compelled by law or by relevant regulatory authorities to make disclosure; f) any person with the Client's express or implied consent; g) any person where YSHK's interests require disclosure; and h) any person where the public interest requires disclosure.
- Use of Data in Direct Marketing:-
YSHK intend to use the client’s personal data in direct marketing and we require the client’s consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. The specific requirement regarding your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) is introduced in Part VIA of the Personal Data (Privacy) Amendment Ordinance 2012. In this connection, please note that:
a) the client’s name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by YSHK from time to time may be used by YSHK in direct marketing; b) the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
(i) securities, futures, mutual funds/unit trusts, bonds, derivatives, insurances, mandatory provident fund schemes, commodities, investment, asset management, capital investment entrant scheme and related services and products;
(ii) reward, loyalty or privileges programmes in relation to the class of marketing subjects as referred to in paragraph b(i) above;
(iii) services and products offered by Yuanta Group's co-branding partners (the names of such co-branding partners can be found in the application form(s) for the relevant services and products, as the case may be) in relation to the class of marketing subjects as referred to in paragraph b(i) above; and
(iv) donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
c) the above services, products and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by YSHK and/or:
(i) any member of Yuanta Group;
(ii) third party financial institutions, insurers, securities, commodities and investment services providers ;
(iii) third party reward, loyalty, co-branding or privileges programme providers;
(iv) co-branding partners of Yuanta Group (the names of such co-branding partners can be found in the application form(s) for the relevant services and products, as the case may be); and
(v) charitable or non-profit making organizations;
d) In addition to marketing the above services, products and subjects itself, We also intend to provide the data described in paragraph (a) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph (c) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects (in respect of which we may or may not be remunerated), and we require your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose; e) If the client do not wish YSHK to use or provide to other persons the client’s data for use in direct marketing as described 7(a) to (d) above, the client may exercise the opt-out right by notifying YSHK in writing to the address : 23/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong
- In the course of performing YSHK's duties, YSHK may, as permitted by law, match, compare, transfer or exchange any personal data provided by the Client with data held, or hereafter obtained, for these or any other purposes by YSHK, government bodies, other regulatory authorities, corporations, organizations or individuals in Hong Kong or overseas for the purpose of verifying those data.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong (“PDPO”) any individual:-
a) has the right to check whether YSHK holds data about him/her and the right of access to such data ; b) has the right to require YSHK to correct any data relating to him/her which is inaccurate; and c) has the right to ascertain YSHK's policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by YSHK.
- In accordance with the terms of the PDPO, YSHK has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed is as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Yuanta Securities (Hong Kong) Company Limited
23/F, Tower 1, Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong